Monday, June 26, 2006

Will Harry Potter Die?

JK Rowling   xxx   A Blog With No Name – Internet fun, trivia and good reads.Better watch out for the last part of the whole Harry Potter Series. J.K. Rowling, the author of this popular series, says that two characters would be dying. And she even hints that maybe even Harry Potter himself would not live.

Rowling says, “I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I’ve always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books.

"I can completely understand, however, the mentality of an author who thinks, `Well, I'm gonna kill them off because that means there can be no non-author-written sequels. So it will end with me, and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character'."

"The last book is not finished. But I'm well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end.

"The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve. But I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," she said. "A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extras do they? They go for the main characters. Well, I do.

"I don't think I'm ever going to have anything like Harry again. You just get one like Harry."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NO!!!! He's gonna die??? Huhuhuhuhu ...