Friday, June 09, 2006

Cruisin’

One of Florida's finest senior citizens went down to his local Chevrolet dealer and bought a brand new Corvette convertible. Heading off the car lot and down the road, he floored it and enjoyed the wind blowing through what little hair he had left on his head. "This is great," he thought as he roared down I-75.

Then he looked in his rear view mirror and saw a Florida State Highway Patrol Trooper behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from him with no problem," thought the man as he stood on the gas pedal -- 80, 120, 150, 180 mph.

Then, he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind of thing." He pulled over to the side of the Interstate and waited for the trooper to catch up with him.

The trooper pulled in behind the Corvette and walked up to the Corvette. "Sir," he said, looking at his watch, "my shift ends in 30 minutes and today is Friday. If you can give me a good reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The man looked at the trooper and said, "Fifteen years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper, and I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day."

No comments: